Young Investigator Forum
The main purpose of the General EITA Young Investigator Conference (EITA YIC Forum) is designed to aid the career development and shape the career plans of promising young investigators in emerging technologies and services.
The EITA YIC Forum will provide an opportunity for collegial interaction with senior faculty members and investigators having successful careers across the broad spectrum of emerging technology and services research.
There is a projected future shortage of emerging technology and services researchers, and research funding is difficult to obtain. This retreat is aimed at providing guidance, tactics and strategies to help improve the chances of achieving a successful career in emerging technology and services research. The aims are:
- To provide young investigators with a friendly and constructive atmosphere in order to present their research and learn from each other.
- To foster the pursuit of research in emerging technologies and services by young investigators.
- To disseminate vital information required for pursuing a career in research.
- To meet, network with senior faculty members and investigators, and to establish extramural research mentorship.
- To enable young investigators to contribute to the development of emerging technologies and services.
Definition of Young Investigator: active basic, applied, theoretical, and experimental research, ideally less than 10 years working in emerging technologies and services.